- Category: Architecture
- Published on Monday, 28 May 2012 13:02
- Written by sirmajid
- Hits: 1191
how to Grill Less Tender Cuts of Steak
how to: Grill Less Tender Cuts of Steak
how to grill less tender cuts of steak
You don’t have to sacrifice flavor or tenderness by grilling less-expensive cuts of beef, says the Iowa Beef Industry Council.
1. Cook all beef cuts at low to medium temperature unless otherwise stated.
This ensures that the outside won’t char before the inside is properly cooked.
2. Less-tender beef steaks are best if cooked to medium (160°F) doneness or less. Use an instant-read thermometer.
3. Watch beef carefully during grilling. Grilling time can vary with the cut of beef, position on the grill, weather, temperature of the coals, and degree of doneness desired.
4. Determine doneness by making a small slit near the bone and checking color. Insert the thermometer horizontally.
5. Allow steaks to rest in a warm place for 5 to 10 minutes for juices to set.
6. Marinating economically-priced tender steaks for flavor increases their
tenderness. Marinades are seasoned liquid mixtures that add flavor and in some cases, tenderize as well. They must contain an acidic ingredient or
natural tenderizing enzyme, such as lemon juice, yogurt, wine, or vinegar.